HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - made friends with a MILLIONAIRE
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default made friends with a MILLIONAIRE

One of our construction contractors (Clay is hisname)that we supply materials to at workhas about 40 acres that he rarely ever touches because he's too busy making money. Last year, I got a look at his backyard and meant to but never worked up the courage to ask him to hunt it because I feared he'd want nothing to do with a lowly peasant like myself. Well this year I was determined, put my preconceived notions aside, and now have permission to 40 pretty much untouched acres. Oh, it also borders 60 county acres too so really I have 100 total.

You know, it's very humbling when a millionaire gives you the time of day(especially at 7am) to show you around and give you the keys to his backyard. He has a 4wd Kart that he even offered for me to use if I get a deer. He took me around in the Kart to show me the property then when we were done and in the middle of the woods, he offered to leave it with me so I could ride it back to the house when I was done setting up my spot. Yep, this millionaire offered to walk back throughtall wet grass and swarms of mosquitos justso I, someone he'd only met once before through work, could have a ride back. I was absolutely beside myself. Clay and his wife Lisa are great people that's for sure.

Behind this is where I'll be hunting. (this is just his garage btw)

Here's my spot

Clay showed me pictures of bucks that were in his yard this passed January and one of them has about a 2 foot spread. I'm pumped and can't wait til mid-season. Equally enlightening is that while some people get rich then get snooty, otherpeople remain as Clay and Lisa.