HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Filming Your Contest Hunts?!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Filming Your Contest Hunts?!

Thanks Rob for the reply and letting me have this in here. Glad to hear from someone that actually films likes this one, again I am totally in the dark on this. I at first was liking the MiniDV but when I went to best buy they talked me into this one. I have not bought it yet but that is the way they are leaning on me. The DVD like this one is actually a small 3" disc and they now have new 60 min disk which is what the sales person told me. The MiniDV is actually a little tape the size of a box of matches. They talked me out of it since they said in the end I will still be transferring to a disk so why use the tapes? Not sure if that is 100% but it is working on me as the salesman talks! LOL!! They said if I get the DVD I can put the disk directly in my computer or DVD player and be good to go. If I get the MiniDV I will have to use a usb cable or AV jacks for a TV to view. The only advantage the MiniDV has over the 3" DVD is the cameras are a tad smaller and lighter according to him.

Again, thanks for the advice on White Knuckle and a vote of confidence on the Sony. I knew in this forum all the big dogs play and I would get some hits! Thanks for helping out and when you normal people wake up in the morning, please give your input too! LOL!!