HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accuracy of a Savage 10MLII...
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 05:32 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Accuracy of a Savage 10MLII...

ORIGINAL: Flatland Hunter

It has replaced (shock, horror) my Whites (S91 and M98) as my go to muzzleloader...
I know exactly what you mean. I plan on using my Savage all ML and rifle season and really bought the gun to go elk hunting in rifle season in Colorado next year. I bought it 1 year ahead of time to give me time to select loads and bullets and hunt with it some. I am glad I did, because the heat causes a lot of problems with rifle accuracy. Most Savages are excellent shooters if you take the time to find the right bullet and powder and sabot and primer. Doug's Savage Forum was of great help to me with load development and general troubleshooting and getting experience/expertise. I like the coating on your rifle, looks very cool. I may get one of those tools, since I know that taking the screw out to remove the bolt can hurt accuracy. I see over on Doug's they have a "Fat Wrench", which is a tourqe screw driver for rifles. I think I will go that way, since I can use the Fat Wrench for other uses not just rifle screws. Great shooting. Chap Gleason