HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A SERIOUS ISSUE
Thread: A SERIOUS ISSUE
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: A SERIOUS ISSUE

The only thing that bothers me about it is you make it sound like it was a waste of good meat. Did they just shoot them and leave them lay or did they harvest them and use what could be used, like keeping or donating the meat.

It also makes me sick that they killed more deer than I saw this season. Not from a moral stand point, I'm just jealous! I wonder if they were taking them legally or going by the same rules we have to. 65 or 70 deer in a 90 day hunting season is a pretty damn good success rate. Especially considering most tags issued don't even get filled.

I would not get the media involved, that will just make all of us look bad and lead to more restrictions for hunting overall. The only reason you get to hunt is to keep the numbers in check. It is not your God given right. If the government did not want you to hunt them or the numbers were low, it would not be legal or way less permits would be issued. Like said above, I was under the impression in these cases they do a little research to find out if there is a need or good reason for this kind of heard thinning. They also pobably have a pretty decent idea of the numbers in that area and knew if the population could handle it or not. At least I would hope so anyway.

Paul