HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pics from Colorado
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Greg / MO
Giant Nontypical

Default Pics from Colorado

Thought I'd share some of the pics of the beautiful country I was able to experience over the last week and a half... I gave a brief update of the trip on Rick James's thread at: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2287665&mpage=2

Home sweet home for8 days:

My neighbors, and elk-hunting partners; Tommy Stoverink, left, and Larry Pierce. Our houses are actually side-by-side-by side... on Deerwood Drive, appropriately enough:

Just before dropping into a 450-foot canyon in an attempt to locate some elk after two days of intense pressure from all sides pushed them out of our area. My fanny pack actually touched the ground behind me as I walked down into the bottom. No elk, but the climb was well rewarded by the views and serenity found inside:

We found this little girl standing 20 yards off the road on our way to one of our hunting spots:

Our guide and mentor for this trip, Larry Pierce. This was his 35th straight trip out to Colorado. He had originally told his wife, "If I could just go out there one time..." His name would be in the record books over two dozen times for monster mulies and a handful of Midwest whitetails if only he'd bothered to have entered them over the years:

The scenery continued to awe even on the way home:

Anyone need a new desktop?