Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pics from Colorado >

Pics from Colorado

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics from Colorado

Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pics from Colorado

Thought I'd share some of the pics of the beautiful country I was able to experience over the last week and a half... I gave a brief update of the trip on Rick James's thread at: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2287665&mpage=2

Home sweet home for8 days:

My neighbors, and elk-hunting partners; Tommy Stoverink, left, and Larry Pierce. Our houses are actually side-by-side-by side... on Deerwood Drive, appropriately enough:

Just before dropping into a 450-foot canyon in an attempt to locate some elk after two days of intense pressure from all sides pushed them out of our area. My fanny pack actually touched the ground behind me as I walked down into the bottom. No elk, but the climb was well rewarded by the views and serenity found inside:

We found this little girl standing 20 yards off the road on our way to one of our hunting spots:

Our guide and mentor for this trip, Larry Pierce. This was his 35th straight trip out to Colorado. He had originally told his wife, "If I could just go out there one time..." His name would be in the record books over two dozen times for monster mulies and a handful of Midwest whitetails if only he'd bothered to have entered them over the years:

The scenery continued to awe even on the way home:

Anyone need a new desktop?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Pics from Colorado

Nice pics.thanks...looks like a great time...how'd ya do????
Old 09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, you made it home alive. Beautiful scenery out there isn't it? And the I know the pics do it no justice. Looks like a great camp there Greg.

Where are the elk Pics?Did you have any action at all, hear any bugles orsee any elk?

Checked out your link. Sounds like ther is no getting away from the crowds out there. Glad we didn't have that problem in NM a couple of years ago. Saw 2 other hunters in 7 days of hunting.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice pics

Thx for sharing
Old 09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned

Glad you had fun. I would have let you borrow my wall tent. How far are you from where I live now? Here are some pics I took yesterday of where I live. Was it hard to return to the miserable heat and humidity of MO? Are you ruined for living in the midwesthappily now?[8D]You know there are needs for medical sales out here too.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2300129

This could have been your home

Old 09-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Beautiful pics Greg! I need to plan a trip out to the West/Midwest one of these years.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics Greg................too bad you didnt bag a monster.[]

I thought you pulled out empty, but i know see you bagged a cow.

WAY TO GO GREG!!!!!!!

Looks like you had fun though
Old 09-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

BTW, I went hiking last weekend with my Predator Green camo on and my wife said I disappeared in the CO woods. Looking at you, I see what she means. I have some Cabelas conifer camo that looks good too, but it is tough to beat the green predator camo for the pines IMO.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:24 PM

Nice photos - I'm gathering no elk, but a wonderful experience nonetheless. I'm home tonight for a few hours - hunted all day Friday, Saturday morning, this morning - going out again tomorrow for the the whole day with my son. This isn't easy - but harvest or not, it sure is fun.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pic's Greg MO .... I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and Happy belated Birthday to ya.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Pics from Colorado

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.