HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to Handle Trespassers?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to Handle Trespassers?

ORIGINAL: Wolf651

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

Wolf651 wrote:you must be one of those a**hole that owns land and think you are the almighty god of the land.
I am sure the other guy was joking but I'm not. Hate to burst your bubble but as a landowner we are the "god" (your word)of our land! We scrimp and save and go without so we can purchase our own land. The land belongs tothe person that bought it not someone who wants to not purchase their own and "steal" the land. Yes, if someone trespasses they are in essence stealing the right to utilize land without purchasing it themselves.Buy your own land!
So are you saying that being the owner of a piece of land means you have the right to shoot somebody or threating to shoot them because they are stealing your land. I don't get why people are going out of control when someone accidently goes into your land. I do get it when they tresspass there more then once but when you have only seen them once and had to get all hyped up about someone stepping on your land. I think we as land owner need to realize that if we treat them(tresspassers) like sh*it, don't expect them to just back down and walk away.I own over 100 acres of lands and never once feel like the mighty god of the land and treat people like sh*t when they step on my land. Like my father always said "you treatothers like sh*t, they will treat you like one too".

Well said wolf. I have 28 acres that borders the kootenia national forest thats about 3 miles up a forestry road from pavement and 75 miles fromthe nearesttraffic light. My property is not fenced,but if someone were to hunt out of one of my corner treestands with out me knowing it, I would confront him. I wouldn't mind him hunting it, but as long as he had the respect to ask me for permission. It would take forever for law enforcement to show up so I would just confront the individual. Things are just different here than where your are, but here its not that big of a problem wherewe are,.....or not yet.

Bobby