HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone in NY mad about the antler restrictions
Old 08-28-2007, 06:47 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone in NY mad about the antler restrictions

Airborne, as others have told you. If you think NY is so bad then you should not hunt there at all. No one is forcing you to. I don't doubt that some of the antics you saw while hunting in NY are true, but surely NY is NOT the only state where such things happen. Unfortunately it happens in NJ, PA and any other state. You just probably were lucky never to see it in NJ while you were hunting there. Keep hunting there and I am sure it will catch up to you there also.

You sort of proved my point that it is way easier to hunt in NJ over NY since you seem to have no problem bagging deer in NJ while you have struck out 10 years in a row in NY. This is not because the herd is better managed there, but because the deer are in general living in a suburban habitat in close proximity to humans. A very unnatural habitat any way you want to look at it.

As far as public land in NY, I can only recommend that you find some private land to hunt. I know it is not easy to find these days, as it isn't in any state, but you have your own website and connections with other hunters, so I can't understand why that would be such a difficult undertaking for someone like you. You seem to have MORE of an advantage here than the rest of us, so don't judge the entire state by what you see on public land. I am sure if you were to hunt ALL the different public lands in NJ you would come to the same conclusions to bad hunter behavior that you saw in NY.