HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nuge Meltdown..
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Buckhunter46755
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nuge Meltdown..

I know what you mean. That's bullshirt. And I am sure everyone here agrees, and is on the same page.

I was watching a show last week where a guy was trying to shoot Canadian geese with a longbow while they where flying.

He shot several times.
On one of the shots the goose noticeably moved from (what looked like) an impact in the air.

The guy was jumping all over the place laughing &hollered,
"oh Yea! passthrough!" But the goose kept flying on with the rest of the flock.

He retrieved the arrow and said, "no blood". But it looked to me like there could have been feathers and blood on it. (I'm not positive.)

Then after several more unsuccessful attempts, he finally hit one and brought it down.

He pointed and said, "he's a floppin' there!" With an ear to ear grin.

I realize he was just trying to make a next to impossible shot.
But that's the whole point!!

You don't take that kind of shot. (At least I wouldn't, or anyone else I hunt with or know.)

Fortunately, they did not show this. The camera started to pan to the goose, then abrubtly jumped to a new frame. I'm sure the cameraman did this deliberately or it was edited, so not to show the suffering goose.

They also panned the camera awaywhen he retrievedthe arrow from the supposed "passthrough". It only showed the arrow for a fraction of a second. So you couldn't get a good look at it!

What in the hell is wrong with some people? Especially someone who is lucky enough to be endorsed, get all their expensive, top of the line gear free (and probably their vehicles),and is supposed to be setting a positive, ethicalexample for all other hunters, as well as the younger hunters to be!

I remember when I was real young and always watched the hunting and fishing shows on TV sat. & sun.
They would never air something as immoral, unethical, and as horrendous as this.

What are these morons teaching the younger generation about hunting ethics and a quick clean kill? Sad... Sad... Sad...

~ chris