HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Goose ?s
Thread: Goose ?s
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
DuckHuntin247
Fork Horn

Default RE: Goose ?s

Good move with the S.U.B, love mine. My favorite pattern for decoy set up is the U, with the forks of the U reaching out the same direction thewind is blowing,or 2 groups with sort of landing strip in the middle. Set your blindfacing your landing area and at the arc of yourU.Try to switch it up later in the season, make your spread a little more random or a little less typical, geese sometimes get used to the favorite decoy layoutsof hunters later in the season. Put your most realistic decoys around where you expect the geese to land.

As far as calling, earlier in the season, less is more. A few feeding clucks or murmurs should do if your where the geese want to be, and don't call when the geese are over top of you. Flagging is best at long distances, and it's best to ease off when the geese head your direction before they can pinpoint the movement. Practice on your calls before hunting season gets here, and watch for which areas the geese are using.

Hope I was of some help, it's hard to describe full decoy and blind positions without visual aids, soI would recomend trying to find some on the internet to clarify.