HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Maybe I'm getting too old...
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Mr. Longbeard
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maybe I'm getting too old...

Dude I had a few years of bow hunting on a 500 acre farm hear in Md. And the bowhunting was like taking candy from a baby... I swing by the far on my way to my public land, jump up in one of the perminent stands at 5:00pm and have 2 deer on the ground by 6:00pm... Drive my truck up too them, through them in the back and then go up the mountains for some REAL deer hunting... I did this several times... In 2 bow seasons on this farm I killed around 5 bucks and around 5 or 6 does... Some of these bucks were pretty decent 8 points with 18" spreads... I just cut the racks off and threw them in the shed... I've got 3 bucks mounted on my wall... Two 8pts and a 5 point... These deer were killed and mounted years before I killed the 5 bucks on the 500 acre farm... The public land deer ment something to me becuase I worked my tail off hunting these deer!!! The bucks off the 500 acre far were nothing more meat to me... Killing those deer was like shooting cows in a farmers field... "It is what it is"