Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Maybe I'm getting too old... >

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Maybe I'm getting too old...

Old 08-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Maybe I'm getting too old...

OK, this will surely bring a few critical comments my way, and I guess that's fine. I'm just wondering what happened to correct spelling. If I went to the pro shop and saw a BWOTEHC hanging on the wall, there's no way I'd buy it. If I picked up my favorite hunting magazine and ever 3rd or 4th word was misspelled, I'd put it back on the shelf. There are some incredibly brilliant people who use these forums and suggest things I would never consider. But sometimes I have to call in my 4 year old to translate other posts. Am I too old? Does this bother anybody else? Or should I just stick to dere hunting and leave English out of it? Just looking for discussion.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Maybe I'm getting too old...

Wut?..........did i spel somting roung.......

I don't claim to be a great speller......Thats why I use that handy little spell checker!!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

wut r ye tulkin bat?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 PM

Or should I just stick to dere hunting and leave English out of it?
I don't know what you should do, but could you please inform me as to what "dere hunting" is? Sounds like it might be fun!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

It was tongue in cheek, or thumb in something else since it was typed, not spoken.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

does not really bother me too much, sort of annoying, but i get over it.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd bet the farm thatthere are some good 'ol country boys (or city boys)that can't spell, and yet, they have forgotten more about hunting than some of us have learned. I think we should kick them the hell off of here until they learn how to spell! I would not want to learn any of their secrets are hear any of their jokes until they could spell them correctly!! That being said...you're out of here first shawneeslinger, because you can't even spell dear correctly!! Or is it deer? Or maybe dere? HellI can't remember I think I'm getting to old also!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people don't take pride in the way they come across. I run a business, and I have guys that come in, looking for a job, looking like they just rolled out of bed. Yeah right! If I can't read their handwriting on their apps. it goes directly into the trash. If there are spelling errors, trash. People should really take more pride in themselves.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: shawneeslinger

OK, this will surely bring a few critical comments my way, and I guess that's fine. I'm just wondering what happened to correct spelling. If I went to the pro shop and saw a BWOTEHC hanging on the wall, there's no way I'd buy it. If I picked up my favorite hunting magazine and ever 3rd or 4th word was misspelled, I'd put it back on the shelf. There are some incredibly brilliant people who use these forums and suggest things I would never consider. But sometimes I have to call in my 4 year old to translate other posts. Am I too old? Does this bother anybody else? Or should I just stick to dere hunting and leave English out of it? Just looking for discussion.
Let's try to not be so hypocritical. I wouldn't buy a magazine either, if every 3rd or 4th word was misspelled. also, i'll second you on the fact that we should all just stick to deer hunting.

BTW, what brand is BWOTEHC? are they an under the radar company i haven't heard of?[8D]
Old 08-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't you think those were intentionally mispeled words?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.