HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Encore50
Spike

Default RE: ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?

I have the regular Encore which I purchased two years ago. Iuse 2-50gr 777 pellets and a 295gr PowerBelt bullet. I know they are considered by many as a subparbullet, but they shoot well in my Encore and Ihadsuccess thetwo seasons Iused this Encore. Plusthe PowerBelt loads very easily.

I really have a limited amount of time to get in much shootingbutthis year I plan to usethe 250gr TC Shockwaves. Going to start with 2-50gr 777 pellets butplan on using3-50gr 777 pellets to see what results I get with this combination as well. TC customer service tech highly recommended theShockwaves to me and said he uses them totestat the factory. I have shot a few in the past but never got serious with them. I do know they seem to load a bit harder than the PowerBeltsespecially after one shot without swabbing the barrel.I normally swab after each shoot anyway which eliminates that issue for me.

The onlyother items I have added to my Encore isaBurris 3x9x40 Fullfield II scope witha Leupold QR scope base andQRrings (high),the EZ Tip Extractor, anda custom Bellm hammer extension.

By the way, TC will not warranty the hammer if it shows signs that an extender was used. That's why I purchasedthe Bellm custom extender. It's by far the very bestand made from lightweight high tensilestrenghth aircraft aluminumwhich adds virtually no weight to the hammer.Also if you plan to do any other tweaking to your Encore, Mike Bellm has been doing that service on TC Encore's forever. He can do anything you want for an Encore.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=93