HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 PM
MOEncore

Default RE: ENCORE POWDER AND LOAD COMBINATIONS?

Do you want accuracy? It might be MORE then just your power charge.

Here is what I have done.

1. REPLACE that sloppy hinge pin with a oversized one. If your barrel "falls" when you open it then you have slop. You can buy aftermarket hinge pins on the internet that will tighten this up and take out all the slop... this was a HUGE improvement.

2. The Encore utilizes the 209 shot primer like most all inlines. I changed over to the .25 ACP breech conversion and this was another big improvement. That 209 is way overkill not to mention its not consistant. In my state of Missouri it is legal to use it for hunting but in some states it might now be so you might want to look into that if you choose to do it.

3. Trigger- from the factory my trigger was over 5 pounds... I had it professionally honed and polished along with a new spring, etc. Now its a 2 1/2 pound trigger and INCREDIBLY smooth. No way you can be consistant with a trigger pull over over 5 pounds and rough.

4. Scope and scope mount... buy as much scope as you can afford. I use a Nikon muzzleloader scope and it works great.

All this stuff costs money but I improved the accuracy a ton.

You might really chase powder and sabots and never get where you want too till you fix some of the problems that came from the factory.

I can shoot the basic 2 pellets and a shockwave and hit groups of 2" or less at 100 yards. I have had days where I used 110gr T7 with a 250 shockwave and hit within 1 1/2" at 100 yards. Before doing upgrades I was more like 5-7" groups so "fixing" the slop and roughness was a huge deal.