HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ext VFT & Pat Dually an Average Joes Opinion
Old 01-31-2003, 08:08 AM
mshane

Default Ext VFT & Pat Dually an Average Joes Opinion

I shot an Extreme VFT last night side by side with the Patriot Dually. This bow has no hand shock at all. The one I shot was bare bow and only had on the Bowtech hush kit and it was VERY quiet and shock free. At 64# with a 320gr arrow @ 29" draw it was shooting it through the chrony at 285-289 consistantly. It seemed to have a very smooth draw cycle and obviously a solid back wall with the drawstop for the adjustable let off. I've had a Patriot Dually on order since the first part of November but got the chance to shoot the one that had come in which is an inch less draw length than what I shoot. Pat Dually at 28" draw 61# and a 300gr arrow bare bow was again incredibly quiet and shock free which really amazed me since I shot anywhere from 296-298 consistantly through the chrony. The grips were very comfortable although I think I still like the grip on my SQ2 better. I personally like the way that the Mathews grip widens out after the throat, the Bowtech is slim but doesn't really change width it stays consistant. All in all I am very pleased with both bows and now have a decision about which to buy. I still like the extra 1" of brace height on the Dually. One thing I did notice on the Dually was that it was a little spongy at the back wall. Seems like the when you got to the wall you could tell, but if you gave it just a little more umph, it would come back another 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Other than that I really like it. I agree with others that have posted here that the Dually is not a bow you want with a little too long of draw length, if you creep lookout. I guess these are just an average joes opinions on the two new Bowtechs, by no means am I an expert.

Edited by - mshane on 01/31/2003 10:21:45