HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - String noise???? (Now w/video)
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
MILLERTIME10
Typical Buck

Default String noise???? (Now w/video)

I had a new custom string put on my my Hoyt XTEC last week by my local pro shop. This guy really does a good job and I have never had any problems from any of his work. I went and picked it up, it looked great,I paid him, and went home and shot the bow.

From the very first shot I could notice quite a bit of string noise (vibration) that the bow didn't have before. It used to be extremely quiet, now this!![&:]I am not sure whatI can do other than take it back to him and try to find out what it is. It used to have the rubber whiskers onthe old string,now this string has the Fuse String Shox. I wouldn't think that the String Shox would make that much of a difference? What do you guys think? Is there anythingI can try that might get rid of the vibration beforeI take it back? Thanks

Here is a video of me shooting it. Tell me if you all can hear the viobration from the string. I know it is not super loud, but it is just louder than it used to be. Tell me what you think: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/broncho10/Videos/?action=view&current=Hunting_10-28-2006002.flv