HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For those that don't think location or numbers matter
Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

I'm not sure I understand the point to this thread? It's almost like class envy. Yes location is a big factor in the frequency of killing big bucks when comparing apples to apples. I think most would, and have agreed about that. So if that is excepted what is the point of the thread? To convince those who live in good areas they aren't as good of hunters as they think? What's the point in that? They do take advantage of the areas they are in and I don't think that can be said of every hunter in great deer country. I'm sure there are plenty of hunters in Big Buck areas that couldn't find a big buck if it was tied to a tree. There are also hunters who don't do all the right things all the time to make it happen. So they do have a level of competence above the average, even for their area, but not necessarily for this site, although some may be light years ahead of the average hunter on this site, I don't know. But, again, what is the point? If all that is true and accepted, what difference does it make? What difference will it make in how YOU hunt? If the success of others, and their resulting attitudes/assumptions/comments grate your nerves that much.....well then you're just giving others too much control in your life. If it matters that much then do something about it and go hunt where big bucks are like many others do. If it doesn't matter THAT much then why post this at all?