HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Healthy herd myth
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:51 AM
atlasman

Default RE: Healthy herd myth

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Never said that. Don't put meaning behind what I say that isn't there. Your perception of what is "your right" is just that your perception. Your rights are to hunt within the confines of the law. If that law changes, then so do your rights.
So you wouldn't care then if the laws changed to ban weapons, free speech, and religion then I guess.

A: How would you know how difficult it is since you only shoot small bucks?
Because killing small bucks is easier if there are more of them.........killing ANYTHING is easier if the populations are higher. Pretty simple concept. It has been proven time and again on this very board that the same hunter can make no changes to his routine and still see and kill more older bucks simply by not shooting them for a couple years and just waiting until they are "old enough"..........a definition that varies depending on the shooter.

B: I've found a lot of areas that have big bucks that I can't hunt because it is posted land and areas that I can hunt those big deer are extremely reclusive during the season. Just seeing them after the opener is difficult. Yes, they are there now, but they are by no means easy to hunt.
Nobody said they would be "easy" to hunt..........but you did say that having more of them around would not make hunting them easier and that is absurd...........it is the entire foundation of TDM/QDM for cripes sake.

Don't compare hunting rights to Constitutional rights. That is ridiculous. Also, see above. Your rights as a hunter are to hunt within the confines of the law, as are mine.
Keep thinking that way and you will be telling stories when you are older about the good old days when you used to be able to hunt. You need to get your head out of the sand..........or wherever else it is stuck.

Also, I am thinking, I'm just not thinking like you. So, in your view anyone that doesn't think like you is stupid or inferior. Nice.[&o]

I never called you either.............and this statement is even more rediculous considering you were just whining a few lines up (and below) about others assigning meaning to your words

Nope, I just refuse to justify my hunting preference to you and people who think like you.
Right back atcha Leave me alone and mind your own business and I will return the favor.

Again, you are completely missing the point. I do not have disregard for other hunter's rights.
Aren't you the SAME guy who said earlier that if another hunter feels like his rights are being infringed upon then BOO HOO. You are starting to talk in circles now.

If the state will make laws that are in my favor then of course I am for it.
Exactly...........and you don't care about all the other hunters because you will get your way (a way you could obtain WITHOUT forcing others to help you but are not willing/able to do).

The epitome of selfishness............no wonder you idolize spoiled athletes.

It does not infringe on anyone's rights when that happens.
It most certainly does.

You can still hunt the same herd
No I can't............a large portion of them will now be off limits because because a bunch of grown men with fragile egos want help proving how much of a man they are.

When it comes down to it, ARs are similar to bag limit changes. Nobody says their rights are being infringed upon then.
Bag limits are to protect the ANIMALS from getting knocked too low and endangering the populations ability to bounce back. AR's are to protect the HUNTER with the Playstation, Drive Thru, Instant gratification, I want more, Selfish attitude from being bored in the woods............god forbid there aren't enough slammers out there to keep the freakin ADHD crowd interested.

And if you think no one complains when bag limits (tags) change then you are SERIOUSLY clueless.

The comparison to athletes you have completely taken out of context to furthe your agenda to discredit my view (sound familiar). I'm not even going to explain it, because it's a fuitile effort.
There is no way to explain that way of thinking........it is what it is and trust me.............I am not the only one who said WOW when he read that

So, you only respect the opinions of others if they agree with your views?
I gave you my reasons for not respecting your opinions...........and they had nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. Nice try though.

Ah, the old doom and gloom sentiment. I don't know about other states, but in PA the number of hunters is decreasing, but the number of bowhunters has been increasing. If you are talking about the future of bowhunting it looks pretty secure.

Man...........you just don't get it