HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent control
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Predator26

Default RE: Scent control

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

This question/topic asked/posted at least one time a month. If you do a search you will likely find enough threads and opinions to write "War and Peace" edition 2, 3 and 4.
The stuff does not work, don't waste your money on it.
Wash your clothes and self in scent eliminating detergent, use scent eliminating sprays, store clothing in sealable containers and dress in the field.
By no means am I vouching for Scent-Lokclothing, nor have I ever owned Scent-Lok clothing, but their products make sense to me. I don't know if you realize that charcoal is indeed a natural filter. You can find charcoal in many types of filters, so why would it not work in filtering human scent? Also, what makes you think your detergents, sprays, and containers are effective? And dressing in the field? Please! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, you'd waste 30 minutes ofvaluable precious timeand you'd make a **** load of noise. The only thing I can understand is putting your boots on in the field.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, so please don't try and retaliate in an unprofessional manner. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of people's scent control opinions and techniques.