HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Too much draw weight/KE???
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
shrky2413

Default RE: Too much draw weight/KE???

IMO, ge trid of the 80# (dacron I assume) and get yourself some 150# PowerPro oir 200#. I have been shooting spincast reels and tieing to the back for near to 20yrs now. I (knock on wood) haven't lost an arrow since I first started, I haven't had the line hang on anything, I haven't ever had a snapback and most of the time I bowfished with between 85# and 110#. I watched my bro break off yet another arrow yesterday with a 45# recurve. He said it got wrapped around the rest or handle or something. That is his second or third arrow in about a month, but I guess it don't matter since they were my arrows. LOL. My point is that I am very carefull and pay close attention to what I am doing, as I am standing waiting on fish you will see me push the button over and over again, if my line gets lose I quickly turn the handle pull up slack and puch the button again. I shoot a recurve now (most of the time) and I shoot off of the shelf basically (my shelf is built up some with epoxy). Well to answer your question, no you need not drop your poundage, get stronger line, and be carefull, pay very close attention, and keep your set up as simple as possible and you will be fine. Hope this helps.