HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Time Flying to Hunting Trip - Need Advice
Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 AM
GoatSlayer
Fork Horn

Default RE: First Time Flying to Hunting Trip - Need Advice

Zim,

I hunt all the time with my muzzy. I can tell you for sure that the gun will count as one. It has to be in a case that is secure and can be locked.You can't take any powder or primers/caps. Also as this is my method of hunting I have ran into about everthing a guy can on travel. Once spilt some powder in a case that contained clothes and other items. Guess what. When they check you those items won't go either. If you have quick loads and they have even a trace of powder you might as well leave them at home. They won't make it either. I have found the best way is to check the rifle and then mail everything else. You will have to buy caps and powder when you get there. You can check with some delivery service in the area. Lots of times they will let you mail the items to them and they will keep them for short periods of time. (clothes, camp gearand such not powder).Most charge only a few dollars for the service.

Goatslayer........