HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Worst 3-D shoot ever...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worst 3-D shoot ever...

overall for the main competition and in position to win a World Title in m
Nothing that heartbreaking.......but this was fairly disappointing for me.

The first time I stepped back to the open stakes was this year, and I did it with a pins sight and long stabilizer (MBR setup) competing against the locals that had adjustable sights and lenses...i.e. full blown open class setups. I had a pretty serious equipment disadvantage against these guys.

Well long story short.......shot the first 29 targets clean without shooting anything but 10's and x rings, looked like I was going to clean the course my first time shooting the big boy stakes and had something like 17X's.

Last target was a puking gobbler at around 32-33 yards with a branch between me and him that I had to duck a bit to get under, I was also shooting off a sidehill with awful footing. Ended up shooting that shot from the front of the valley and I hadn't had the bow long enough to creep tune it yet so that shots from the front and back of the valley would still hit the same general spot. Ended up shooting a 5 on that target high even though I picked the right distance. Ended up with a 295 on the course since they didn't count X's......3x of the locals dropped two 8's on the course and beat me with a three way tie at 296 and all had a MUCH lower x count. I went from 1st to 4th place because of that one target.....[:@][:@].