HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight EZ load sabots
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Knight EZ load sabots

flint head

I have some 300 grain PP Partions here at the house... I'll give them a try also... I'm sure I'll have to go with the HPH 24's though, the bore on this gun is really tight.
The 300 grain PP are a very good shooting bullet. They have a higher BC than a lot of people think (.232). The 24's should work but if it is really tight you might need to go to HPH-3p-EZ load sabots or even the "Crush Rib' but I really do prefer the 3p. I have some here from some testing I was doing for MMP - so if you need a few to try let me know....

My Omega has been a MOA gun right from the start with max loads of 777 and a 250 SW... guessI got spoiled.
My Omega is a shooter also but I do not use pellets - most often I shoot 100 grains of T7-2f and it is really effective and accurate. I do shoot 110 grain with the 10mm 200 grain XTP's.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but the is a difference in an Optima and an Omega and that is not not to say that an Optima is bad. But with the Optima I would almost bet you shooting it will improve it.

I am still kinda leaning to the theory that the Optima is cutting the sabots a bit on the way in and on the way out - when you get the barrel smoothed out - I bet everything will come together.... What scopedo youhave on the Optima? And another thing what was the temp when you shot the 2 1/2 group?

just thinking out loud...

mike