HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new muzzle loader
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: new muzzle loader

Being you want to hunt a few extra days and have a budget of $400.00 that means the you have to consider all the things. Rifle, scope, powder, primers, projectiles, jags, etc. Consider a less top end scope and you open more money for the rifle. I personally like the Nikon Pro Sport. I think for the dollars, they are really a great scope. Again, just my opinion.

I am sure that the Optima Pro decked out with a good scope would be an excellent rifle. Probably all the rifle you need. Especially being a bow hunter, you know how to get in close. If your shots are 100 yards and less, and of the modern inline rifles will normally throw a projectile in an accurate manner that far.

Are there better rifles? Sure there are. Have you checked some of the on line stores? Some of them are having good sales. Before you purchase an Optima, try and handle one if you haven't. See if the rifle fits you. Then check out some of the other rifles that are in your price range. The Apex, Kodiak, and handle the ones that are not in your price range. Find the rifle that fits you nice. Then also check some of the Auction gun sites. You can get some fine rifles for big savings.