HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dogs running deer
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Christine B
Super Moderator

Default RE: Dogs running deer

It is interesting that when I first joined the board.....this was one of the first questions I asked. I was told at the time that it had been hashed, hashed and re-hashed. Many topics such as this end up being locked eventually. It is a big problem in my area and I make two distinctions.....are they known feral dogs??? Or someones dogs that they let run and say...." No Way My dogs run deer" . Any dog will run a deer unless they have had excellent training, especially if they are packing with other local free run dogs they can and DO alot of damage at times. We are not here to talk about how to dispatch dogs that are pets...but where does one draw the line?? It is a personal choice, one of which perhaps some or many of us have had to make that call at some point.
All I will say is that I will not watch a pack of dogs run a deer til its heart bursts, or watch a pack of wild dogs hamstring and take the throat out of a fawn...or any deer. Wolves do their thing selectively, Yotes sometimes do and often do not....Feral dogs never do, and [b] dang near any dogs that run in a pack will run deer, even a pack of 6 or 7 neighbor dogs. Unfortunately these are often the most ruthless. Talk to the owners......You will know when the time is there what needs done. Nuff said from this lady......[

And folks...keep this topic decent or it will find its way to never never land.......there is more than enough on this subject in the archives, or if one just does a search. If it has not been deleted cause it got out of hand. Not trying to be a hard butt, just do not need to give Anti's any fuel for their fire here at HNI. Please keep that in mind when posting.
Thanks folks