HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - LED light assisit (whiteout)
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM
cat_crazy

Default LED light assisit (whiteout)

I just recieved my LED cables in the mail for my light sensor test. i am planning to try set it up to assist the cam in detecting how much light and when to flash in hopes to reduce or possibly eliminate pictue whiteout. i chose this possible setup because i believed that it would be adjustable, this would allow for more or less light depending on where i place the cam. i will be starting tests on my 3.1 to see if it does make a difference, then i will take it to my I60, ifthis cam isstill operational. it is just one of maybe 5000 cams that turn out to be a lemon, but it seems to keep coming out of the dumps and taking pics, not sure how or why but it is going back to the store next trip tocabelas (65 miles away).
ok back to the basics. i purchased 2 brand new LED cables 6 feet long for 9.50 shipped off of ebay that are for a stereo system. i have a couple different ideas but i will be starting with an old square 6 volt flashlight that does not light up anymore. i will use the reflector from the flashlight as the light catcher, the end of the cable fits just perfectly into it. i am thinking of siliconing the clear lens onto the reflector just to insure it doesnt get dirt and moisture into it. for now i will just tape the other end to the camera aiming it at the sensor. for a mount i will be going cheap and easy, a wire coathanger twisted into position. if this works, i may look into a better mount unless this works really well.
i will post results as i go.

CC