HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need Input on a tree stand.
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
kodiak41226

Default Need Input on a tree stand.

I'm looking to get a new tree stand and I've been shopping and can't find exactly what I want. I'm not really sure if what I want really exists. Currently I'm using a API climber, but I use it with a climbing stick. The problem is that it works great as a climber, but its really hard to put up when I'm using the stick. Putting it up and using it as a hang on requires a no hands balancing act that I think I'm getting to old for. Anyhow...

What I'm shopping for is a Hang on stand that doesn't have a attached seat. I basically just want a really good platform that is really easy to attach to the tree. Then I want to use a Summit seat, because they are really comfortable. I like the Summit seat because you can adjust the height, and all the hang-ons that I see out there are too tall for me which causes your ass to hurt and legs to fall asleep. I've looked at Bass Pro and Cabelas and they don't seem to have any stand that meets my specs. Anyone have any idea where I could get something like this?