HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC
Old 07-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Chris_H
Nontypical Buck

Default Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

As for the black panthers the US, the majority of people are skeptical. I said in the forum "black panthers in the hunting woods," that there are black panthers in SC, and I know its hard to believe. Well, this atleast proves that there are big cats in SC. Ya see this pic?

This was caught on a trail cam about 40 miles to northwest of Columbia, SC. I was given the special opportunity with 4 other people to hunt on an Outfitter (not yet, but very soon to be) about 6 miles down the road from this spot. The outfitter owner (also has sighted black panther on his 3000 acres) said it was true, and of course, I was skeptical. But after stopping at a local home-business store and saw this picture on the wall, I couldnt beleive it. I asked the owners, and they vouched for the outfitter owner.

Of course sightings are just sightings without pictures. As for what me and my family saw, the only reasonable answer I can come up with is a black panther.