HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pyrodex in a Sidelock?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:10 AM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pyrodex in a Sidelock?

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Many rifles have a "click" bang delay. That is just the nature of the beast. Some rifles are worse then others of course. It is just something you have to understand and get used to. When you practice your follow through, all of that really makes little difference. I have actually shot, had a slight hang fire, but still not really effected the accuracy. My little trick is, when I shoot, I look through the shot. Over the sights, the gun bangs, and I watch for the hit on the targetthrough the entire process while staying in form.
If you get "click-bang" hangfires after trying CCI #11 Magnum caps, then get a Mag-Spark nipple from these guys, and use #209 primers just like the inline boys do. This device will shoot flames out the muzzle, just like a large-rifle primer in an empty centerfire rifle case does! In addition, with the firing pin cap in placecovering the primer, your sidelock is effectively water-proffed. I use a ribber sink faucet washer on the screw-on cap around the firing pin as a safety device. It keeps the hammer from touching the pin while you carry the rifle,but falls off when you cock it!

http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/mag-spark.html