HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quieter arrow?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:56 AM
MA_bwhntr
Spike

Default Quieter arrow?

Hey guys,

This is the time of year that I start to apply all the lessons learn last bow season. First on the list is finding a quieter arrow shaft. I switched to a WB last year and absolutely loved it until the first time I drew it in an actual hunting situation...cold, crisp morning as I drew on a deer at +/- 15 yds....... "SSHHHHHHHHH". My arrow made an aweful noise that I hadnt heard when the temps were warmer. The deer looked right at me and I was busted...lucky for me I acted quicker than he did. Unfortunately when the same situation played out again a few weeks later the deer didnt stick around to figure out what the noise was...after that I tried dry graphite which helped but didnt fix the problem.I even wrote to CarolinaArchery and they suggested getting some cotton fibers from a cotton ball and get them to worked into the end of the whiskers....I dont have a lot of faith in that.....So here's my question:
Can any of you folks recommend a particular shaft that has a smooth finish that doesnt make "any" noise in the cold. All the major manufactures advertise some sort of micro-smooth finish...including the Blackhawks I was using last year. It can get really expensive trying to figure these things out on your own.

Thanks for your help.

MA_bwhntr