HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The right rod for the right situation
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default The right rod for the right situation

Folks,
One of the most valuable lessons I learned this year is to fish with a rod that works for you and that you have full confidence in ...

For all live bait fishing I fish with nothing bigger than a medium.I'm batting pretty much 1000 with that technique, When me or my 2 sons tried using medium heavy are boating averages took a serious dive. I wish I had more medium rods..With all the talk about crossing the fish's eyes..most of my rods are medium heavy...Rebel Hog gave me 4 medium baitcasting rods andI may switch over to them when spinning and cranking. Once when Buffdmac was shiner fishing ..he missed his first 5 fish,I quickly changed him over to a long medium rod...He then started batting 1000...With that type of rod the fish actually hook themselves.

When plastic fihsing ...my best boating average is with a 7 foot Team Diawa ...I'm not batting 1000 but twice as good as last yeat when I was using a 6 foot Lightning Rod and a 6 1/2 foot Bionix. For Carolina ..the extra leverage is great. I switched to a 7 foot rod because of Josh...and I'm glad I did. My boating average doubled from last year. I can't get any longer rods..our ceilings don't go that high.