HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Changes in PA
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:44 AM
BowHntrRick
Spike

Default RE: Interesting Changes in PA

It is ironic that the portion of this discussion concerning carrying a pistol while bowhunting in PA should take place over the July 4 holiday when we celebrate our freedom as US citizens. Inthe overwhelming number of countries in the world this would noteven be open for discussion.

"Early In" sees no need to carry a gun while bowhunting: I doubt anyone would challenge his right not to carry. The problem is that, because he sees no need to carry, he concludes that no bowhunter in PA should be allowed to carry. Thankfully, that decision is not his to make.

I own property in the country that is close to a college. It is common for me to exit the woods shortly after sundown on a Friday or Saturday to find a car load of college students with a case of beer in my field. There has never been any difficulty: I tell them that I do not mind if they hang out on my property as long as they carry out their trash with them and then go peacefully on my way.

If I should find them damaging my property, however, I will order them on their way.If things should ever turn nasty I want something more on my side than a can of pepper spray.

Is it likely that I will ever need the handgun that I carry? No. Am I grateful for the right to carry it? Yes, I am.