Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interesting Changes in PA >

Interesting Changes in PA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting Changes in PA

Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Spike

Default Interesting Changes in PA

Excuse me if this is old news to most of you, but I purchased my PA hunting license yesterday and noticed several interesting changes.

First, the archery season for Pittsburgh and Philadelphia WMU's has been substantially extended: it starts Sept 15 and pretty much continues straight through the middle of January or later.

Second, if you have a Concealed Carry Permit (which I do), you may now carry a handgun while archery hunting. Of course, I did so anyway (as far as I am concerned the PA Game Commission cannot overrule the US Constitution), but it is nice to be legal now. I often hunt alone, so I want more than my bow if I meet a group of beer swilling hooligans or aggressive dogs.

There are several other interesting changes: both muzzleloader and bow at the same time, crossbow during both muzzleloader seasons if you have a muzzleloader stamp, etc.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Interesting Changes in PA

Also ,now all the guys who hunted until 1/2 hr after sunset will be legal as well.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Also ,now all the guys who hunted until 1/2 hr after sunset will be legal as well.

I'm going to enjoy the extra time in the woods, probably even buy a few more tags just in case.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

how do you hunt a half hour past sunset? unless your spotlighting? and why would you want to carry a muzzleloader AND a bow? sounds like they r just trying to make it seem like they are doing us a favor.....they need to open up hunting on sudays...not this little crap.....
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: deerslayer270

how do you hunt a half hour past sunset? unless your spotlighting?
Go to the weather channel and look up the time of sunset. This evening, stand in your yard and see when it gets dark. Notice the difference between the 2 times.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

how do you hunt a half hour past sunset? unless your spotlighting? and why would you want to carry a muzzleloader AND a bow? sounds like they r just trying to make it seem like they are doing us a favor.....they need to open up hunting on sudays...not this little crap.....
No need for spotlight, been doing it in MI for ever, and we can hunt on Sundays[:-] I like the Sept 15 opening day
Old 07-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Dominant Buck

(as far as I am concerned the PA Game Commission cannot overrule the US Constitution),
That right there is funny.

Wonder how a judge would've seen that???? Come to NC and "carry" during bow season. Ask the the GW what he thinks about it.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Go to the weather channel and look up the time of sunset. This evening, stand in your yard and see when it gets dark. Notice the difference between the 2 times.
good point.....but didnt everyone do this already anyways?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm thrilled that some of PA's finest will now be allowed to legally"bow hunt" with their "self-defense pistol." Real nice. Pansies.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

good point.....but didnt everyone do this already anyways?
Not legally they didn't. I'm not sure I like the changes to the carry law. Too much temptation for guys that are of the not so ethical sort. Besides, if you're worried about dogs or drunk kids you can get a can of pepper spray.

Quick Reply: Interesting Changes in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.