HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for fishing this kind of lure.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 AM
conner_condor

Default RE: Question for fishing this kind of lure.

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

For some of you this may be some foolish questins so please bear wiht me..This lure looks very deadly and I'd like ot use it some duirng the July play offs.

1. Is this a fluke or is this a Senko?

2. Are they best fished like a Texas rig with a tiny split shot to sink the lure or should I just use a hook only?

3. Should the hook be sticking out the back or barely in the rubber part of the back.

I saw this one swimming and it looks like a dying shiner which would be a deadly bait around here. I've caught a few bass on a totally dead shiner.

Thanks for the info, One of my parents last year gave me a big box of plastic baits...some of these were in that box.

C7

I use them in shallows of 2 to 4ft of water and above grass beds without weight.. Right when it hits the water give it a few jerks and let it sink for about 5 to 10 seconds and jerk it to the surface so it splashes a little and let fall again.. This mimicks a dieing shad if that is what they feed on.. I use the punkin seed colors because we have lots of gill that is their main food... But my number one is the senko in both shallow and deep cause it sinks a bit faster and has better action when jerked than the shad assasins or fin s. As for hook size I will not use anything smaller than a 3/0 and prefer the 4/0 gama EWG worm hooks. You should expose the hook point thru the bait a few times to loosen up the rubber for better hooksets. Just leave the point barely under the body and you should be good to go.. Alot of fished are missed from useing the wrong size and kinda hook.. You want a hook that has 3 times the width of your bait.. If you use a hook that is the same or smaller your not going to have enough of the hook exposed when you set it to get a good set.. But your fin s and shads have hook pockets to allow the use of 3/0 hooks. Any other like senkos use 4/0 and you will catch more fish..