HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many rods do you take for bass fishing?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many rods do you take for bass fishing?

If im bank fishing I take one spinning outfit usually my 6' 6" medium heavy quantum torsion rod with a Mitchell Avocet reel usually spooled with 10 lbs berkley XL but has 10 lbs fireline crystal on it at the moment,with a spare spool in my pack lined with 12 lb berkley XL. if Im boat fishing I take 6 rods as listed.

1. Baitcasting - 7' MH Berkley lightning rod quantum EX500c reel spooled with 17 lbs berkley XT rigged with either a pig & Jig or big plastics.

2. Baitcasting - 6' 6" MH abu garcia tournament series rod, quantum EX500cx reel spooled with 12 lbs berkley tournament strength line rigged with a texas rigged worm or a 1/2 oz rattle trap. (my favorite for rattle traps)

3. Baitcasting - 6' MH Berkley lightning rod, quantum UL300 reel spooled with 12 lbs cajun red line. rigged with a soft plastics or spinner baits.

4. Baitcasting - 6' MH berkley lightning rod, Daiwa Procaster-X 153 spooled with 12 lbs berkley tournament strength. rigged with a white 3/8 oz rooster tail

5. Baitcasting - 6' Falcon MH Ozark special (pistol grip style, my pride and joy cant get these anymore), Daiwa Procaster-Z 153iv spooled with 12 lb berkely tournament strength. rigged with a whacky work or soft jerk bait.

6. Spinning - The above mentioned spinning rod, rigged with a drop shot rig.

for those of you who are wondering what in the heck is berkley tournament strength line. it was one of berkleys first photochromic style line as for strength it is between XL and XT the stuff is very strong and casts like a dream I dont know why berkley stopped making it. It was discontinued sometime in 2000. Shortly after it was discontinued Dick's sporting goods in kansas city, Mo clearenced their stock out for 3 bucks a spool. I bought all of what they had which was 24 filler spools of 12 lbs (I'm now down to 5). I feel rather fortunate lol because im horrible about not changing to new things once i find something I like its very hard for me to change it. and berkly discontinuing this line was like a swift kick in the groin same with when they discontinued their UT line which was my favorite for trout. its a conspiracy I tell ya!!