HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - training a squirrel pup
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:25 AM
Dryridge

Default RE: training a squirrel pup

Go to squirrel dog central web site.... sqdog.com. You will find more info there than you can ever use. Tell them Dryridge sent ya. I used to raise Mt Curs.

There is a guy on there named bobcobla. He is Chuck Loudin from Mountain State Kennels. He and son Adam are EXCELLENT trainers. Matter of fact, Adam will train your young dog if you wish, but advice will be free and very good for the price...LOL!

You can also contact Mary at Castlehillcurs.com They are excellent and now have mylast good male in their Kennel. Razor is his name.

There are LOTS of fiest guys on that site too. The best of the best is there. You WILL find some help but a word of caution...this stuff gets addicting. I am kinda glad I was cured by my poor health when my son went off to school, it is some powerful stuff. Makes you spend all your time an money pursuing it.....like a drug, I am warning you, get out now before it's too late....

Seriously though go to sqdog.com and get with those guys then go to the woods for walks with your pup, the rest is up to the dog. Just be sure to socialize said puppy and add obedience training. Then you and your pup will spend many a great day in the sq. woods. It is a fun leisure activity, good exercise and again, it gets addicting.

ENJOY,

Dave