HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Proposed rule changes for shipping blackpowder
Old 06-28-2007, 02:01 PM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Proposed rule changes for shipping blackpowder

Not sure what it says, the link will not work. i can tell you this, OSHA is not the lead agency or regulatory authority for explosives and black powder. i'm a federally licensed user ofhigh explosives. The ATFE is the lead agency for alllicensing of users,storage, and inventory of explosives used by civlians. ATFE conductscomplianceinspections and tells folks what can be shipped and not shipped by air express and how it will be stored.In many respects ATF explosive storage rules are more stringent than military explosive storage rules. DOT gets its nose in there on shipments.If somethinggets lostin shipment or stolen from storage it is the ATFE who is coming to town.

There are several federal agencies whoget in explosive shipping, storage and use. First there is the military, for militaryonly. Then there is the US Army Corps of Engineers for COE stuff only. OSHA has its own little Mickey Mouse crap, that pertainsonly where nothing else applies.In 25 years i've never seen a situation where OSHA rules applied.