HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
MidwestJ

Default RE: What would you do?

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Maybe you've already already considered it, but I personally would be more concerned with the fact that I am responsible for my family on a higher level:
Sat phone, GPS, first aid kit, survival gear, backing up your hunt plan with someone on the outside, and any other scenario you could possibly imagine should be considered and planned for. Play out any and all "Bad things" that could happen out there and how will you deal with them.

A gun is probably somewhere in the mid to lower area on my priority list but no doubt it would be in there somewhere. I have a carry permit and it is an option for me........make sure carrying is legal where you are and while doing what you are doing. Some states have laws against carrying guns while bowhunting.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful and "uneventful" trip but don't overlook the other things that will help ensure that it stays that way.
This guy said it VERY well IMO. However, I'd put a piece on the "higher" end of my priorities and I'd be carryin for sure. Like others have said, if not for the idiots...for the critters out there.

Another guy said it well too...a few lines on paper won't keep me from protectin my family.

But like Matt/PA said...haveEXTRA batteries/matches/etc on the essentials.