HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - There's something about a gun store.......
Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 PM
younggun308
Nontypical Buck

Default There's something about a gun store.......

Things that I remember about gun stores, and you never forget, is the time you spend there. Yep, after spending three hours at Gander Mtn., you start to get nauseous, because of all the fumes that come from the guns, which have lubricating fluid in them, or solvent.

And, of course, the glorious mounts, POC Remington Model 710's clustered together so tight on a circular rack you think they could grow an orchard.
And all those corny hunting action figures hanging on the wall, and in the condition those packages are in, you could just say "They're not spring chicken anymore."

And, what would a local gun store be like without all thegorgeous high school girls, all Southern blondes, at the counter,and of course, the most revered thing of all, the rifles, shotguns, pistols, and ammo, with all sorts of camo that makes it look like somone blew the whole darn forest in there, and all kinds of paper targets, and all the junk that no one needs, but everyone buys.

And, there's always some conversation going on between two gun nuts there, one is a staff member, the other, a customer, and if you listen, they're talking your language, gun language, but it's never a topic about guns you tend to care about, these guys get so intricate, it's like looking at the elephant with a microscope, examining it's hairs that you can't see.

Then, there's just some good 'ol boys further down the counter, maybe a staff member that's one of those kind, and they're exchanging phone numbers, talking about how one of them's selling his old Browning "Sweet Sixteen" shotgun, and telling him to call him and come over and take a shot in the backyard with it.

That's what my gun dealersare like, and I'm proud of both of those places.

What's yours like?I know this is weird, but it may be an opportunity to practise you poetry, I guess, don't bescared ofit, think of this as kareoke, when you get called up, you sing.
It don't have to be fancy, just, if you click on this thread and read it, give it atry, Ididn'tdo to great, but that's just representing my gun store and my talent, how little it may be, just try it, it'll befun, besides, Ibet we all wonder what each other's gun stores are like.

Josiah