HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - praire dog load
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Howler
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: praire dog load

that would be my suspicion exactly coyotes breed like rabbits.. one **** is capable of producing asmany as 4 litters a year with asmany as 6 pups surviving per litter than the female pups are breedable at 6 months old its possible for one litter to produce asmany as 42 more yotes in just 1 year and if not enough natural predators or hunters are doing enough to lower yote populations then yer gonna see a decline in small game species since a coyotes diet can consume their body weight worth of small game per day
Bull pucky! HighDesert, I challenge you to find one piece of evidence that says a female coyote breeds more than once/year! From the time a female gets inpregnated to the time the pups are ready to leave the den is over 4.5 months. It's pretty common knowledge that the breeding season is around Feb./Mar. for all coyotes in this country.With a liter of 3-9 pups, not all of them will make it past 6 months.As far as cheap bullets go, if you can build a load that is very accurate with the cheapest bullets, that's the way to go, it's tough to do sometimes though. And if you can't hit the target and have to shoot at it 2-3 times, then a single accurate more expensive bullet would be the better choice. I shot about 1000 rounds in the last two weekends at p-dogs, gotta take this weekend to catch up on work.[8D]