HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - They Are Taking A Beating In Africa (33 plus)
Old 06-17-2007, 06:42 PM
MinnFinn
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad News

I saw a follow-up story on satellite about this Niki Anderson and her husband. She wounded this Cape Buffalo on one day, which they tracked until later in the day, when it was no longer "safe" to track such a wounded dangerous animal. [If there is a safe time to do so.]
They returned to the area the next day a started tracking the buffalo. Apparently, this wounded beast was also in effect tracking them.
It came around from the side or behind them charging straight at the group, then all of a sudden it veared off to the side and headed straight for this Niki, the one who'd wounded it the day before. They said it appeared that it singled her out to try to kill. I don't know, but it was pretty hair raising re-enactment.

Another film made about a true story early in the 20th century I believe was called "The Ghost and the Darkness". It was about a couple of man killing/eating lions that this Engineer who was sent to Africa to build a railroad bridge had to track down to kill. Very very scary to think such predators can be so smart and deadly.