HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - They Are Taking A Beating In Africa (33 plus)
Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
BrutalAttack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad News

Hunting itself is really quite safe. It's the peripheral risks from just being out there that get people. Doesn't matter what you're doing, hunter, fishing, skiing, hiking, rock climbing etc, all have much the same risk just from being in that environment, which to some people is a very unfamiliar one, especially the bush.

In other words, in terms of probability, it's rarely that the animal gets you, it's usually something far less glamorous, slipping with a knife, falling and breaking a leg etc etc.

I'd prefer hunting dangerous game, I only pray that some day I'll get the chance. Too many thingsin life are idiot-proof and people have forgotten what it's like to live, to know fear, to know something other than the endless averageness that is their everyday lives. There is no feeling like plucking your life from the jaws of serious injury/death. There aren't many more noble things a man can do than pit their shooting/tracking skills against something that can turn the tables in a heart beat.