HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - harris bipod
Thread: harris bipod
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 07:03 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default harris bipod

some of you guys asked me to review my harris bipod i ordered and got a week or so ago.

i bought the 13-23" non-swiveling model. to me the swiveling model would make the bipod alot less solid and steady.

setup was a breeze. it attaches to a sling stud in seconds and has leather between the gun and the bipod so it wont damage your stock..and it seems to hold it very well.

from 13" i can often shoot prone. the target usually has to be a little higher than me to do so...but i didnt buy it to shoot prone or i would have bought a shorter model. its on a groundhog gun. i generally shoot sitting up to clear the weeds and higher crops im shooting over...

ive shot it from uneven surfaces, hillsides, etc etc...i have no problems with it. if needed, adjusting 1 leg to compensate for a wierd angle is a breeze and can be done with 1 hand if you try..i can get the rifle completely level to level my crosshairs and make the shot.

i really like it. solid and its taken a beating in the 10 days or so ive had it...

heres a pic of it on the rifle

(100yd headshot...hope the pic aint too bad to post...if it is remove it or tell me and i will remove it...)

ps....upto 14 confirmed kills with it so far out to 300yds. couple weeks i'll have the new scope...cant wait. came within inches of one that was 600-800yds away. 4th shot i was CLOSE..it was good safe shooting so i figured why not see how flat the 250 shoots...surprised to see it wasnt all that low at that range..

missed one at about 350 twice now(same one i shot at from 600-800) first day i aimed dead on and was a haiiiir low. second day i aimed a bit high and it was just a bit toooo high. i'll get him!!

love the new rifle and the 22-250 caliber.