HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Excitement!
Thread: Excitement!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 AM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default Excitement!

So there is this property in "Slammerville" that I have had permission to hunt for the last 3 years. It has been in beans every year. I found outSaturday from some recon that it is finally in CORN!

The first two years only thesouth side of the field was planted. Last year both sides were planted. This year both sides will be planted with corn.

This is the area where many of you guys have saw my video clips and pictures of some fairly large whitetail's.

The property is extremely difficult to hunt when it is planted in beans as the preferred bedding areas are just off the fields edges. I know the preferred bedding areas by does and bucks on this property they are just almost impossible to setup on with the beans. I have only got to hunt this property once in the morning because of no good entry exit routes and saw a pretty good buck that morning, one I may regret on passing to this day.

Here is the map...

The west blue spot is a beaver dammed swamp in two places causing the large and small pool, it has a deep beaver cut "creek" connecting them.

The other blue area is an actual swamp that is bedded fairly heavily by the higher caliber bucks.

The yellow dots are stand sites that I have used and had some good sits in.

I have yet to take a buck from this farm and this property is my #1 shot at taking down a true monster buck. It isn't large enough to hunt a lot so a lot of thought and planning needs to go into each sit here. Also, I am not the only person in these woods so I have that obstacle to overcome as well, two amish and the property owners son-in-law.

What do you guys see that I am overlooking?

Winds are mostly W-SW.

[/align]