HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting/Archery...What would YOU say??
Old 06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
chucker34

Default RE: Bowhunting/Archery...What would YOU say??

I ditto the plugging the archery shop, getting kids involved and all the other good reasons we bowhunt.

I would alsoflat out ask him too what "angle" he's looking to take in promoting archery and bowhunting. Is he looking to highlight why its becoming more and more popular? Why more people are getting into it, etc? Or is there some sort of more local angle he's taking? How bowhunting has taken off in your area? Then you can provide him with more specific responses.

In fact, I would think about the top three to fivereasons you like to bowhunt and prepare a few statements/quotes you can share with the reporter. You can write these down so you can work out what you want to say and then toss the paper out. Then when it comes time you can just rattle off your quotes naturally without thinking too much about them.

Plus reporters like it when you can keep it simple and focused for them. The top three reasons is more likely to get play then someone who rattles off a list of many reasons, which may seem disjointed and force the reporter to pick and choose which he feels are most important.

Good luck! Always great when you can promote bowhunting.