HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Greg / MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

LOL.. do you really think you're gonna get a fair sampling here?

Here's what we ended up doing... My wife is EXTREMELY supportive of my hunting, as evidenced by the amount of time I spend on here without incurring any marital problems. Our first house, a "starter" house, was somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 sq. ft. My mounts dominated the landscape in that little five-room house, as you could well imagine. But she never complained; not once.

When we finally moved into something more of our dream home, with its accompanying 3,000 sq. ft, she asked if she could keep the upstairs more "formal" looking and I would put all my stuff in the lower level (It's completely finished and not much different than a first floor; that's why I neglect to call it a basement. That and half of it is above ground anyway...). I've decorated the whole downstairs in an outdoorsy theme, complete with wall mural of deer and turkey fans all over the place. She didn't complain for almost ten years; I felt it was the least I could do. And I ended up with a whole floor to myself anyway.