Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Over the mantle?  The wife and I can't seem to agree. >

Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Wedding Picture
20.73%
Deer Head
79.27%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

Wife's choice...

Old 05-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

My choice...

Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL.. do you really think you're gonna get a fair sampling here?

Here's what we ended up doing... My wife is EXTREMELY supportive of my hunting, as evidenced by the amount of time I spend on here without incurring any marital problems. Our first house, a "starter" house, was somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 sq. ft. My mounts dominated the landscape in that little five-room house, as you could well imagine. But she never complained; not once.

When we finally moved into something more of our dream home, with its accompanying 3,000 sq. ft, she asked if she could keep the upstairs more "formal" looking and I would put all my stuff in the lower level (It's completely finished and not much different than a first floor; that's why I neglect to call it a basement. That and half of it is above ground anyway...). I've decorated the whole downstairs in an outdoorsy theme, complete with wall mural of deer and turkey fans all over the place. She didn't complain for almost ten years; I felt it was the least I could do. And I ended up with a whole floor to myself anyway.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

LOL.. do you really think you're gonna get a fair sampling here?

Here's what we ended up doing... My wife is EXTREMELY supportive of my hunting, as evidenced by the amount of time I spend on here without incurring any marital problems. Our first house, a "starter" house, was somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 sq. ft. My mounts dominated the landscape in that little five-room house, as you could well imagine. But she never complained; not once.

When we finally moved into something more of our dream home, with its accompanying 3,000 sq. ft, she asked if she could keep the upstairs more "formal" looking and I would put all my stuff in the lower level (It's completely finished and not much different than a first floor; that's why I neglect to call it a basement. That and half of it is above ground anyway...). I've decorated the whole downstairs in an outdoorsy theme, complete with wall mural of deer and turkey fans all over the place. She didn't complain for almost ten years; I felt it was the least I could do. And I ended up with a whole floor to myself anyway.
No...and that's why I'm posting it on here and not onMartha Stewart'sweb forum.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Without a doubt the deer head looks 1000 times better than the picture of you but the wife brings back to an even delimma.

The problem is that you have to live with her and she has alot more to bargain with than we do.

The deer head looks better and right at home there but somehow(if your asking) I really don't see it staying.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife never says anything about the time I spend hunting, and hardly anything about the money I spend. If I try and hang antlers in the house, I'm gonna have a battle.[:@]All my antlers are in the garage. Good thing is, the garage and shed areall mine to do with as I see fit.My best advice is pick and choose your battles!

I want to be crystal clear, I wear the pants in my family.....I wear whichever pair she tells me to put on!![:@][:@][:@][:@]

P.S. I think I'll change my signature now!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 PM

To be completely honest, the wedding picture does not look right there. Background is too dark, it just kind of "juts out". It would do better in a room with a softer, more romantic color scheme. The mount however, looks stunning. Never mind the fact that's an awesome buck. The browns and reds complement each other. The buck almost looks like he's walking through a grassy field, thanks to the wheat/cattail arrangements you have in those urns. Completely natural setup and pleasing to the eye.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Let's just say that I know where to pick my battles......and I like looking at my wife a HELLUVA lot more than a deer's head!
Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Arange it like this then both partys are happy

Or put the picture above the antlers.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

The picture goes on the mantle, the deer head over it....that's a perfect compromise and sets the stage for future issues.

ps, have you seen my house? LOL

Quick Reply: Over the mantle? The wife and I can't seem to agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.