HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ButchA's new rifle!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: ButchA's new rifle!!!!!

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

This thread is about to go south really fast. Nicon has better clarity than Leupold imo. Buckmaster or Prostaff. Buckmaster $200 Prostaff $150. Take your time on this one dude. Look through all the glass you can (outside of the store). Take your old scope with you to compare too. Don't get into the bells and whistles of 50mm's or AO's just get a good 3x9x40 (I learned that the hard way). There'sa reason everyone uses them.Honestly, sit down and figure what your budget will allow. Give about $20 wiggle room and then look and find the scope that makes you happy. As for eye relief... any scope will probably do as well or as better than what you have.
I will second that post word for word!

And from what I have seen and been reading lately the only great thing about the VX I's is the waranty. Better optics can be had for less money from what I have seen. Not that they suck by any means though.

Nikon and Bushnell elites seem to be pretty decent for the money right now. From what I have seen the Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes are pretty decent as well. That is what I have on my 17HMR and I am very happy with it.

Paul