HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can the trophy determine what's ethical??
Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Can the trophy determine what's ethical??

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

You wouldn't shoot a sitting rabbit or a floating duck, goose, many don't shoot pheasants unless they take flight..etc. So does a sleeping bear deserve any less???
No YOU wouldn't do those things, I would shoot a sitting bunny in a heart beat, as a matter of fact sometimes I wait until they stop and then shoot them. And sometimes I like to sniper them with a .22, I would rather they are standing still when I do that. When I go bunny hunting it's me against the bunnies, they get no MERCY! They are just pretty woodchucks to me. I don't use a dog though, just me and a gun, maybe a buddy.

I don't waterfowl hunt, so I can't comment on that situation. I always thought shooting them in the water was illegal, looks like maybe it's just bad form, but not against the law?

And where I live you pretty much don't know there is a pheasant there until it's in the air, so you don't have much of a choice on that one. Again, I don't use a dog. I would have no problem shooting one running along the ground though. I love the taste of pheasant and they are hard to hunt in my area so I am not passing up any shot at one.

I will admit using a pointing dog and shooting them while sitting wouldn't be very sporting.

Thats just me though I guess.

Paul