HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can the trophy determine what's ethical??
Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 AM
GR8atta2d
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Can the trophy determine what's ethical??

Well I think the point of "Trophy" in the thread can be replaced with animal size. I think what the original poster was getting at is..You wouldn't shoot a sitting rabbit or a floating duck, goose, many don't shoot pheasants unless they take flight..etc. So does a sleeping bear deserve any less???
At this point I don't know how to answer for myself..I would have to be there, to know every detail. In every situation it's different. Was it the last day of a $10K hunt? Was it the first? Dunno like I said I would have to be there...

I've heard many stories of guys shooting bedded bucks some were good clean kills..a few shot animals that were already dead or injured..could this have been the case?? Variables..I can't sit here and pass judgement on someone who did this or that..cuz I wasn't there. If he was proud enough to take the animal and publish an article about it..He obviously believes it was the right choice.